Begin and Good luck!
Direction: Either Supply the missing word(s) in each statement or Choose the letter that best answers each question.
1. Which statement is most correct?
- a. Multiplexing uses multiple channels to transmit multiple signals.
- b. Multiplexing uses multiple channels to transmit individual signals.
- c. Multiplexing uses a single channel to transmit multiple signals.
- d. Multiplexing uses a single channel to transmit a single signal.
2. Two common applications of multiplexing are _____.
3. The primary benefit of multiplexing is _____.
4. When multiplexing is used to transmit information, then a _____ must be used at the receiving end of the communications link.
5. The two types of multiplexing are _____.
6. In FDM, multiple signals share a common channel _____.
7. The multiple signals in an FDM system are used to modulate separate _____.
8. To combine the, multiple signals in FDM, a _____ is used.
9. The composite multiplex signal is normally used to _____ an RF carrier before being transmitted.
10. Most telemetry multiplex systems used_____ modulation.
11. Telemetry signals are first conditioned by _____ and/or _____ before modulating a sub carrier.
12. Telemetry signals typically frequency modulate a _____.
13. The key circuit in a demultiplexer is a(n) _____.
14. The best demodulator for telemetry work is the _____ discriminator.
15. In FDM telephone systems, _____ modulation is used.
16. The monaural signal in FM stereo multiplex is designated _____.
17. The four signals transmitted in FM stereo multiplex are _____.
18. The type of modulation used on the L – R channel is _____.
19. The SCA signals use _____ modulation.
20. In TDM, multiple signals share a channel by transmitting in different _____.
21. The process of sampling an analog signal at a high rate of speed is called _____.
22. The minimum sampling rate for a signal with a 7-kHz bandwidth this _____ kHz.
23. The basic switching element in a PAM multiplexer is a _____.
24. The name of the circuit used to recreate the clock pulses at the receiver in a PAM system is called a _____.
25. The multiplexer and demultiplexer are kept in step with one another by a(n) _____.
26. The time period during which all channels are sampled once is called a(n) _____.
27. A PAM signal is demodulated with a(n) _____.
28. A multiplexer is an electronic multi position _____.
29. The circuit that samples an analog signal in a PAM system is called a(n) _____.
30. In a PAM/FM system, the RF carrier modulation is _____.
31. A clock recovery circuit that tracks PAM frequency variations uses a(n) _____.
32. In PCM systems, analog signals are transmitted as _____.
33. Quantizer is another name for a(n) _____.
34. The standard audio sampling rate in a PCM telephone system is _____ kHz.
35. The standard word size in a PCM audio system is _____ bits.
36. The name of a widely used PCM telephone system is _____.
37. The process of emphasizing lower-level signals and de-emphasizing, higher-level signals is called _____.
38. An LSI circuit containing an ADC, DAC, compander, expander, and serial/parallel converters is called a(n) _____.
39. The main benefit of PCM over PAM, FM, and other modulation techniques is its immunity to _____.
40. A T-1 multiplexer has _____ and a total bit rate of _____ channels MHz.