Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions in General Chemistry Part 12.
553. It was the 606th and first successful compound in the search for a syphilis treatment.
555. an oscillating charged particle
556. decreases to 10/11 its original value
557. increases by 10 percent
558. the wavelength on the wire can take on only certain values
559. shifts its color towards the red end of the spectrum
560. limits the number of electrons that can occupy an orbital to 2.
562. n = 6 to n = 4
563. an electron moving at1000 m/s
564. d orbitals are less penetrating than sand p orbitals in the same shell.
565. n = 6, l = 0
567. The second ionization energy of K
568. electron configuration
569. the charge on the nucleus experienced by an electron when the shielding effect of other electrons is accounted for
570. a tentative explanation for a natural phenomenon
571. Bacteria in the oysters may have caused the illness.
572. Higher altitude means lower boiling points for water, all other things held equal.
573. an experimental observation
574. a law
575. a description of a pattern or relationship in experimental data
576. a compound of C, H, and O
577. a compound
578. heterogeneous mixture
579. a compound
580. heterogeneous mixture
581. When a certain soft metal is burned in oxygen, lime is produced (with no other products).
583. total mg of caffeine
584. chemical or physical changes occur when the property is measured
586. a physical, intensive property
587. dietary calories
589. calories per serving
591. why mass is conserved in chemical reactions
592. 14 times the mass of a hydrogen atom
593. atoms of a single element can have different masses
594. 16 times the mass of a hydrogen atom
595. a rearrangement of atoms
596. simple whole number ratios (more than one possible)
597. the weights of their atoms
600. 9.6 x 10^18
Online Questions and Answers in General Chemistry Series
Following is the list of practice exam test questions in this brand new series: