This is the Section 2 Module 2 of the compiled Electronics Review Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and the Internet. This particular reviewer in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Reviewers: Section 2 Module 2
1) What is the voltage regulation when no-load voltage is equal to full-load voltage?
0% Voltage Regulation
2) In an R-S Flip Flop; when R=0 and S=0 what are the states?
The state remains the same
3) What is the feedback element of an integrator?
4) Thin windings are commonly found in?
In shunt motors
5) What is the efficiency of Class D amplifier?
It is over 90%
6) What is the efficiency of transistorized Class C amplifier?
It is 33%
7) Eccles/Jordan Circuit is also called as?
8) If x is low; X AND Y what is Y
Y is low
9) Where does positive edge triggering happens?
From low to high
10) How does the mutual inductance affects the total inductance?
It vary depending on its phase angle
11) What happens to the Zo of a coaxial cable if the core diameter gets smaller?
The Zo increases
12) What is a bleeder resistor?
It is a resistor paralleled to a capacitor
13) What is a toroidal core?
It is essentially self shielding
14) What separates the positive and negative plates of battery?
15) Silver-cadmium battery has a open circuit voltage of
16) Damping is used to prevent
It prevents hunting
17) What alternator is the least to hunt
18) What type of battery that can’t be charged?
19) What advantage when the IC has high component density?
Increase switching speed
20) What component that needs to be removed before you can reprogram it?
21) What do you call an op-amp that has a characteristic of 2000V/m and 50MHz?
High slew rate and High frequency
22) If the source-gate is conducting?
It is a sign of improper bias
23) What is not a characteristic of air core?
Air coil does not contain or confine magnetic flux
24) An amplifier that only conducts only at the 50% of the draining current?
Class B amplifier
25) Voltage produced by heat?
26) A battery which has an output voltage of 1.2V?
27) A battery also known as dry cell and uses gel or paste?
28) What is the advantage of a pot core?
Small volume with high inductance
29) What device used in changing one frequency of an AC voltage vice versa?
30) What is the outline in Dual in Line (DIL) package?
31) Zener diode in a regulator is connected in?
Parallel and reverse bias
32) Q point of Class A is where to be found?
At the center
33 Estimate the noise gain of an op-amp with 5 inputs
34) An op-amp that compares only a band of voltage?
35) What will happen to the susceptance when the frequency is increased?
It will increase
36) What is cluster?
Data on the hard drive
37) How many poles in an electric motor
Even (always in pair)
38) Most commonly used in semiconductor?
39) What is platter?
Part of the hard drive
40) An oscillator has?
Stage with gain
41) In parallel alternator, how to change the output frequency?
Change the rpm of the prime mover
42) In parallel alternator, how to change the output voltage?
Change the field of excitation
43) What packaging is suitable for high component density?
44) An oscillator should have what?
45) What class has the highest efficiency?
Class C amplifier
46) What type of configuration is use in multivibrator?
Common Source or Common Emitter configuration
47) ratio of differential gain to common mode gain?
Common mode rejection ratio
48) brief periods of extreme voltage
49) Maximum rate at which the amplifier output can change?
50) What tube is used to generate microwave signals?
51) Why does common collector is used in op-amp?
It has low output resistance
52) Transconductance gain
It is the ratio of Current drain to gate voltage
53) What is the type of current that is used in test instrument with 0.01 ohm load?
54) It compose of gate drain and has channel?
55) Zero degrees of a sine wave is?
When the amplitude is zero and going positive
56) In RC circuit, R increases and C remains constant and non zero?
It gets longer and rotates counter clockwise
57) R and Xc varies from 0 to infinity with a ratio of 3:1
Ray of unlimited length
58) derivative of sine wave
Leads the original signal by 90 degrees
59) The difference of two vectors
60) cavity klystron
Electrons have variable speed
61) LAN that allows the PC to save its own data
Peer to peer LAN
62) Directly two coupled transistor and has a high current gain
63) It uses NPN and PNP in the output of a regulator with complementary symmetry?
Quasi complementary push pull amplifier
64) It uses NPN and PNP in the output of a regulator
Transformer push pull amplifier
65) amplifier that is used because of high stability
Class B amplifier
66) In a reverse bias diode the capacitance depends on what
The width of depletion region
67) Power supply must have what
All of the choices
68) What is the disadvantage of voltage doubler?
69) In a frequency domain
Signal strength vs. Frequency
70) In an oscilloscope where do you put the probe to get a signal
Vertical plate of the cathode
71) Screen grid reduces what?
Reduces plate capacitance
72) What loop gain is need in a window comparator?
Open loop gain
73) What is not true for a sine wave?
Electrons flow in the same direction
74) What is the advantage of discrete components over IC?
Greater power capability
75) What IC used to combine multiple signals?
76) What is the disadvantage of CMOS?
Susceptible to noise
77) What is the difference of tube to FET?
It needs greater gate voltage
78) main difference between N-channel and triodes
Triodes needs more voltage
79) what is the output of a regulator
80) two transistor that turns on and off alternately
81) what is the horizontal part of an oscilloscope
Time per division
82) when the diode is forward bias
Anode is positive relative to cathode
83) employs N-channel and P-channel in a single
84) what device needs a filter in the final stage
85) not an essential part of an oscillator
Resistor IC part
86) highest gain configuration
87) when the output voltage has value even when there is no input voltage
Output offset voltage
88) when the bias stops the conduction of current
89) when the amplifier is pinch off there is no input