Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 3: Measuring Devices from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Electrostatic force.
2. Electromagnetic deflection.
3. Will increase.
4. It can detect ac voltages.
5. Gets warm when current flows through it.
6. The electromagnet meter is more rugged.
7. It allows for measurement of a wide range of currents.
8. Large internal resistance.
9. Is placed in parallel with the circuit that works from the supply.
10. A small change in the resistance to be measured.
11. 33,000 Ω.
12. Draws less current from the circuit under test.
13. To be sure there is enough current available for an appliance to work right.
14. The number of watts being used at the time.
16. Is usually accurate to six digits or more.
20. 6.6 V.