Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 8: Magnetism from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Is what makes a compass work.
2. Are horizontal at the geomagnetic equator.
4. Is never repulsive.
5. Motion of charged particles.
6. At a north magnetic pole.
7. Is strongest near the wire.
8. Magnetic flux density.
12. Disruption of microwave radio links.
13. Will attract pure, unmagnetized iron.
14. An electromagnet can be switched on and off.
15. A permanent magnet.
16. Normally open.
17. A commutator.
19. Data can be stored and retrieved more quickly with disks than with tapes.
20. A large computer.