Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 20: How Diodes Are Used from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Is positive relative to the cathode.
2. None of the above.
3. Requires no battery.
4. Is employed in some radio receivers.
5. The circuit is linear.
6. 455 kHz.
7. An oscilloscope.
8. Avalanche voltage.
9. About 0.6 V.
10. Can cause objectionable signal distortion.
11. Reverse voltage.
12. Minimize the diode capacitance.
13. An IMPATT diode.
14. Communications device.
15. In a digital frequency display.
16. Laser diode.
17. An optoisolator.
18. The operating frequency of the panel.
19. Electron energy-level changes.
20. Reverse bias. The reverse current.