Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 23: The Field Effect Transistor from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
2. Very negative.
3. Has a P-type channel.
4. A radio receiver.
5. The drain is negative relative to the source.
6. A power amplifier.
7. High impedance.
8. A forward-biased P-N junction.
9. dID/dEG is zero with no signal.
10. A change in drain current to a change in gate voltage.
11. Drain current as a function of drain voltage.
12. It is easily damaged by static electricity.
13. Is extremely high.
14. MOSFETs can handle a wider range of gate voltages.
15. All the way open.
16. The drain current is zero with no signal.
17. A broken vertical line inside the circle.
18. The gate.
19. Common source.
20. Common source.