Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 27: Data Reception from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Travels farther than the direct wave.
2. Arrives in a variable phase compared with the direct wave.
3. The D layer.
4. The F layer.
5. Tropospheric bending.
6. A BFO and mixer.
9. Dynamic range.
10. Adjacent-channel rejection.
11. Slope detection.
12. A ratio detector.
14. A D/A converter.
15. Digital signals resemble noise less than analog ones.
17. A down converter.
18. Front-end selectivity.
19. The image frequency would be too close to the incoming-signal frequency.
20. Any of the above.