Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 31: Acoustics, Audio, and High Fidelity from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Speaker enclosures.
2. A nearby radio broadcast station.
3. Are between approximately 0.2 and 2 kHz.
4. A level of engineering beyond reasonable expectation.
5. A doubling of acoustic power.
6. 2200 Hz.
7. It is impossible to calculate from this information.
8. Both A and B.
9. All of the sound power is concentrated at a single frequency.
10. Susceptible to physical damage.
11. Operating in a nonlinear fashion.
12. The speakers are capable of handling the amplifier output.
13. 95.7 kHz.
14. Is designed to reproduce low-frequency sounds.
15. Buy a radio transmitter that works on the same frequencies with the same power output, but is made by a different manufacturer.
16. Converts audio-frequency currents to a fluctuating magnetic field.
17. Converts sound waves to fluctuating electric current.
18. Cannot make an amplifier more powerful.
19. A CD player.
20. Create the illusion of four-channel stereo when there are really only two channels.