This is the Section 4 Module 4 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 4 Module 4
LOGIC / COMPUTER
1. The size of an empty folder is approximately ____________.
2. 8086 is a ___ bit microprocessor.
3. The average latency of magnetic tape memory is _____ seconds
4. A program that lies in between the application software and computer hardware.
5. (Some computer descriptions..) Computer handles: I-Input devices, II-Processor, III-Output devices, IV-Storage
I, II, III AND IV
6. Which of the the ff. is not a fundamental features of computer
SPEED, HIGH COST, RELIABILITY, STORAGE CAPACITY
7. Signal that the computer is awaiting a command from the user
8. Pulse counter accelerometer is only used at what kind of computers?
9. Supercomputers are measured in terms of ____
FLOPS (FLOATING POINT OPERATIONS PER SECOND)
10. Main program of operating system
11. In computer, file size is measured in _
12. Time between the user’s request and the computer’s reply
13. Most common application for accessing the internet
14. Desktop and personal computers are also known as
15. Computer user which is not a personal user is also called
16. In computer system, central processing unit is part of the?
17. Which is not a local storage device?
PCI STATUS REGISTER
18. Confining each program at certain defined limits in memory is called _____________.
19. Fundamental characteristics of computer
III. STORAGE CAPABILITY
I, II, III
20. The use of byte to store two numerals
21. Term used to describe the first remainder when converting decimal numbers to other bases
22. Type of IC that is needed to be physically removed to change the data…
23. What is the output if the input of a RS flipflop is R = low, S = high?
24. In positive edge triggering, the change of state occurs when
THE PULSE LEVEL IS GOING FROM LOW TO HIGH
25. Major cause of frequency error in counters
26. PDA means
PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT
27. Free cable technology…that people can surf… e-mail..
28. An ultra-speed and long range connection intended for houses and businesses that are not reachable by cables.
29. MAGNETIC BUBBLE DISK, RAM, MAGNETIC DISK, FLOPPY DISK
30. The input of an OR gate is inverted by a not gate the resulting gate is a
31. If the input of OR gates are connected with NOT gates, the output will be the same as _____
32. In 74LSXX, LS means ____
LOW POWER SCHOTTKY
33. All logic gates is made of ____
34. Advantage of JK to RS FlipFlop.
(Test / Measurements, AC/DC Bridges)
1. Process of determining the magnitude of a .… standards
2. A technique that detects the presence or absence of a feature. It has also simple mechanical probe and vision system.
3. Equilibria which is present between two different states of matter can be represented by what graphical diagram?
4. In damage electronic components, what is the minimum electrostatic?
5. Common type of meter movement.
D’ ARSONOVAL MOVEMENT
6. Combination of Voltmeter, Milliameter, and Ohmmeter
7. Instrumentation amplifiers are used in
8. Most accurate device for measuring dc voltages
9. How do you increase the range of voltmeter?
INSERT HIGH RESISTANCE IN SERIES
10. Device used to measure power
11. A special type of magnetomotive use to measure the earth’s ……..
12. To remove the insulation in a wire, what tool is use?
13. It is sometimes called as Maxwell-Wien bridge used to measure inductance using known capacitance
14. Sometimes called as Maxwell-Wien bridge that is used to measure unknown inductance with capacitance standard
15. A contact used to remove lead resistance on the accuracy of measurement
16. Test to locate the ground fault in a single cable
17. Horizontal displacement in oscilloscope CRT is measured in___________.
TIME PER VOLT DIVISION
18. In time-domain oscilloscope, the wave to be analyzed is applied to _______.
VERTICAL DEFLECTION PLATES OR COILS
19. What does OMR stands for?
OPTICAL MARK RECOGNITION
20. To increase the range of a voltmeter one must insert a high resistance in ______
21. Torque produced with the effects of voltage or current in an instrument
22. Test equipment that continuously monitors performance and automatically isolates faults to removable assemblies is what category equipment?
23. When a wire is insulated with glass braid or asbestos and requires stripping, which of the following tools should not be used?
24. Because its resistance changes very little temperature changes, what conductor is best suited for use in measuring instruments?
25. Instrument used to monitor/measure animals’ activities (i.e., PH…)
(Thyristors, SCR, optoisolator, optocoupler…)
1. Outermost spectrum of the broadest LED
2. A unit that is used to derive the quantity called absorbed dose.
3. Application of biometry are the following except
4. Biometry is used in:
AUTHENTICATION; IDENTIFICATION; VERIFICATION
5. A PN junction of a point (a) to ……. Point (b).. of an SCR.
6. The minimum current needed by SCR to maintain its conducting state
7. TRIAC voltage capacity in volts?
8. The typical turn-off voltage of a MOS controlled thyristor or MCT
9. In motor action, the firing angle of an SCR is used. What % of the power is transferred?
10. Source of energy of IRED
ELECTRON CHANGE OF POTENTIAL
11. Intermediate junction of the wires in thermocouples.
12. Most commonly used metal in metallization process
13. The process of making a material “passive” in relation to another material and use the material together
14. Printed circuit board is mainly damaged by______________.
REMOVAL OF THE COMPONENTS
SYNCHROS, SERVOS, GYROS
1. If the synchro has loose bearing_____________.
REPLACE THE SYNCHRO
2. Advantage of multispeed synchro over single speed synchro.
3. The arrow on the synchro schematic symbol indicates the
ANGULAR POSITION OF THE ROTOR
4. Minimum number of synchros required to make a simple synchro system
5. Minimum number of syncro for a syncro system
6. Indicating device installed in the stator circuit of the torque in synchro . . .
7. In synchro alignment the purpose of coarse setting
TO MAINTAIN 0 DEGREES RATHER THAN 180 DEGREES
8. Number of direction a rate gyro is free to precess
9. For a gyro to be universally mounted, it must have ___ gimbals.
10. In gyro to be universally mounted, must have _____ gimbals.
11. What gyro characteristic provides the bases of the operation at a rate gyro?
12. In order to have a smooth and efficient servo system, the two factors need to be balance
AMPLIFICATION AND DAMPING
13. Synchro capacitance is use to _____ in synchro system
14. A device that can be used as a position sensor in a servo system
15. Used as position sensor of servo system