This is the Section 4 Module 3 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 4 Module 3
SOLID STATE DEVICES and CIRCUITS (BJT/FET/MOSFET)
1. In JFET, the transconductance is the ratio of ______
CHANGE IN DRAIN CURRENT OVER THE CHANGE IN THE GATE VOLTAGE
2. MOSFET vs JFET
MOSFETS CAN HANDLE A WIDE RANGE OF BIAS VOLTAGE
3. Field-effect transistor combining the depletion mode properties and enhancement mode properties
4. Signal diode can operate satisfactorily from front-to-back ratio or back-to-front ratio.
300 to 1
5. Ratio of small change of zener voltage with the small change of zener current
ZENER DYNAMIC IMPEDANCE
6. Cutting and peeling is an easy way to remove what kind of coating?
7. In n-channel JFET, pinch-off occurs when the gate bias is
8. If gate source voltage is zero, the current that flows in the JFET is
DRAIN SOURCE SATURATION CURRENT
9. Bipolar transistor and JFET in multivibrator are in
COMMON-EMITTER AND COMMON-SOURCE CONNECTION
10. Used in most voltage regulators as their control element
11. The input saturates the transistor. This will __
12. The hfe of a bipolar transistor corresponds to
13. Current gain in common collector is called______.
14. _____ configuration is used as a stable RF power amplifier
15. To obtain a high input impedance, ____ configuration is used
16. When looking for good voltage gain and high input resistance _____ must be used
17. Transient suppression avoid the risk of _____
18. Checking of transistor become cumbersome when more than one is defective
19. Emitter junction produced on the base layer of the mesa transistor
VACUUM EVAPORATION OR DIFFUSION
20. Solid without crystalline formation
ELECTRONIC (AUDIO/RF) CIRCUIT/ANALYSIS/DESIGN
(Oscillators & Multivibrators, Feedbacks, Amplifiers, Attenuators, Filters)
1. Two split capacitance parallel with an inductance
2. Used in Op amp differential amplifier.
3. Purpose of a varactor
TUNING A GUNN-DIODE OSCILLATOR
4. In an op-amplifier, the peak value decreases when _____
POWER BANDWIDTH INCREASES
5. A voltage follower amplifier has a voltage gain of_____.
6. Voltage amplifier is also called as
7. Voltage gain is practically expressed in
8. The voltage gain of an amplifier is expressed in
9. Current supplied in the input of an amplifier
INPUT BIAS CURRENT
10. What is the closest value of MPP of an op-amp if its two supply voltages are ± 18V?
11. Typical external frequency-compensating capacitance on op-amps
3 – 30 PF
12. Rate of output voltage of op-amp with respect to input signal
13. In amplifiers, it is made with compensating circuit,… the reason for high open loop gain…. (mahabayungtanong)
14. A 74IC op-amp unity loop gain frequency is
15. An LF 157A is a/an _____ op amp
16. In inverter amplifier, the closed loop voltage is equal to
FEEDBACK RESISTANCE DIVIDED BY INPUT RESISTANCE
17. Preventing the compensating capacitor in OP AMP
18. Bandpass, bandstop, high pass or low pass filter characterized by flat pass and high attenuation..
19. Frequency of the crystal depends on the _______
THICKNESS OF THE CRYSTAL
20. Rejects the band and allows the upper and lower frequency to pass. Also known as band suppression and band rejection filter.
21. A filter that allows a narrow band of frequency to pass through the circuit and rejects or attenuates the frequencies that is below or above the frequency range.
22. The main disadvantage of single balance mixer is that ____________.
INPUT IS NOT COMPLETELY ISOLATED
1. A technology that uses an extremely small elements…
2. Electronic system which consists extremely small elements
3. An assembly of microcircuit or combination of microcircuit and discrete components
4. Name and letter fabricated in the body of the IC provide what information.
5. Letters and number stamped on body of an IC serve to provide which of the following types of information?
6. A compound of Gallium and Arsenide that is used in manufacturing microwave frequency integrated circuit, monolithic microwave frequency integrated circuit, and others…. :]
7. Conformal coating is said to be thin if it is less than what thickness?
8. The most popular op-amp packages are the metal can,8-pin DIP and the SMT. Which of these corresponds to TO-99?
9. Plug-in DIPs are susceptible to loosening because of which of the following causes?
10. Layer of aligned atoms used as coating in IC production.
11. When there is no input signal, IC is minimum
WHEN E-B IS REVERSE BIASED
12. Maximum number of IC in large scale integration
13. In IC fabrication, gold and aluminum are used to
TO CONNECT PACKET LEADS
14. In IC, lead is protected from contamination during fabrication process by which of the following material
15. Approximate typical diameter and thickness of silicon wafer
2” ; 0.01”- 0.02”
16. A device that allows the depositing of material in selected areas of a semiconductor substrate, but not in others is known as a
17. The most complex to produce and difficult to repair printed circuit boards are those made using which of the following methods
LAYER BUILD UP METHOD
18. Advantage of IC over discrete components
HIGHER ATTAINABLE SWITCHING SPEED
19. Assembly of microelectronics or combination of microelectronics and discrete component is referred as _______
20. Recommended way of removing imbedded TOs
PULL OUT GENTLY
21. Deposition of a highly radiated material in wafer
22. A single chip with dual 555 timer built in.
23. Plastic insulation is commonly used in what voltage level?
MEDIUM TO LOW
24. . . ___ Total heat if electrodes.