This is the Section 3 Module 2 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 3 Module 2
1. no depletion
2. what action results in the increase in current that generates more heat and the cycle repeat itself until the diode draws excessive current?
3. Most valid diode check test is by using diode test.
4. Schottky diode is commonly use than other diode because____ delay
5. Connection of resistors that will have high voltage gain
BOTH PARALLEL AND SERIES CONNECTION
6. If the VGS is zero the current flowing is
7. Series-parallel resistors will give a higher ___ than a single resistor alone.
8. In full-wave rectifier, the ripple voltage is _____the half-wave circuit.
TWICE THAN THAT OF
9. allows to be used as a voltmeter, an ammeter, or an ohmmeter
10. The effects used in ammeter: a.) thermal, b.) magnetic, and _____
11. A single-phase split capacitor do not have _____ switch.
12. Used in stereo compact disc
AUDIO – TAPER POTENTIOMETER
13. consists of resistors for constant adjustment ...
14. ... motion limit ...
15. Capacitors store electrical energy as ___.
16. resistor parallel with the load
17. Resistor that is in has a higher power rating
SERIES PARALLEL COMBINATION
18. Prevent excessive current
19. Chief reason why digital ….
SIMPLIFY THEIR CIRCUITRY
20. Most commonly used in insulation?..
MAY ISA PA AND HEAT-SHRINKABLE TUBING
SOLID STATE DEVICES/CIRCUIT
1. GaAs and LED can emit light in _____________ region
2. Circuit with stable manner and the load impedance varies
3. accurate snap acting switch
4. differentiator (feedback)
5. The____of SCR and triac (common)…1st and 3rd (triac)…2nd quotation (SCR)
6. The LASCR is used as a
7. LASCR acts like
8. Advantage of SCR
LEAST PROPAGATION DELAY
9. The dv/dt effect of SCR result to
10. Phototransistor responds like a conventional transistor except that in their case, the light energy is used to
SWITCH IT ON
11. In measuring transistor ratio gain using ohmmeter, what is indicated by 10-to-1 resistance ratio?
12. the frequency region where the bypass and coupling capacitor cannot be used for short circuit approximation
13. The dv/dt effect in an SCR results in ____.
FALSE TRIGGERRING SPEED OF OPERATION
14. The di/dt effect of SCR
LOCAL HOT SPOT
15. The power efficiency . . .
16. The Q-point on voltage amplifier is selected at the middle of the active region because it then requires small ____
17. In transistor, connecting the common emitter has a____ input resistance and ___ output resistance
18. The smallest effect of scattering _______ scattering
19. zener diode connection to regulator
LOW INPUT Z, HIGH INPUT Z
20. voltage gain is unity
21. Configuration of stability of radio frequency . . .
22. High input impedance of a MOSFET is due to small leakage current in the ________.
23. Semiconductor are variable _______ properties of any material
24. LASCR is the same as SCR because they are
LIGHT TRIGGERED DEVICE
25. In emitter ……the rate of flow is higher if the collector…. base current is _______.
26. Junction recombination occurs in the p-type and n-type materials through ____...
DIFFUSION OF ELECTRONS AND HOLES
27. instrument that measures the movement of hot-stirred metals and slabs
INFRARED AND ULTRAVIOLET DEVICES
28. Achieving low distortion in audio application by using Class B amplifier or two bipolar transistor or FETs during cut-off or ______ region. –
29. Field-effect transistors (FETs) depend on variation of ______ on its operation.
DEPLETION LAYER WIDTH REVERSE VOLTAGE
30. conduction of LED is possible through_____________
RECOMBINATION OF CHARGES
31. maximum reverse voltage that will not cause breakdown
DC BLOCKING VOLTAGE
32. Resistor in the base of the transistor
33. the characteristic of the transistor???? can be recognized by the input bias and_______________.
AMPLITUDE OF THE INPUT SIGNAL
34. commonly used bias ………….that overcomes the disadvantage of having base current and self – bias and has thermal stability
- COMBINATIONAL BIAS
35. Operating point shall not be on the saturated region because of
- MULTI EMITTER TRANSISTOR
2 ADJACENT TRANSISTOR
38. When Vd reaches the value of the Vp or pinch off voltage, Id ( drain current) is
- OPEN BASETRANSIT TIME
41. class B……two transistor FET….or_________...
42. In transistor checking, what method is cumbersome when more than one transistor is bad in the circuit
43. Time required for an electron or hole to travel from emitter to collector.
44. What plays an important role in transistor maintenance because transistor before it is replaced or tested, lead is identified?
- TRANSISTOR LEAD CONFIGURATION
45. The time taken for the holes or electrons to flow from the emitter to collector?
- TRANSIENT TIME
46. Transistors are in __________ condition when there is no applied input signal.----
47. ……quiescent …..
- NO SIGNAL
48. Transistor results in saturation because of
- REDUCES EFFICIENCY
49. LED use gallium because
THEY EMIT MORE LIGHT
50. A multiple-terminal solid-state device similar to a transistor that generates frequencies up to about 10000 MHz by injecting electrons or holes into a space-charge layer which rapidly forces these carriers to a collecting electrode.
51. Made from two or more constituents material having a property different in macroscopic form
- COMPOSITE MATERIAL
52. Distribution of electrons in an atom
- CONFIGURATION OR STUCTURE
53. Between JFET and MOSFET, what is most commonly used because of its wide range of bias
54. For the operation of an N-type E-MOSFET, the gate voltage should be
55. MOSFET breaks in normal handling due to
- LEAKAGE CURRENT AND HIGH INTERNAL RESISTANCE
56. Emitter-base has zero bias or reversed bias and has no collector current
57. In the enhancement N-type MOSFET , the gate voltage is
- VERY HIGH
58. A transistor that is invented in 1950’s as an improvement of point contact transistor --
59. current gain in common collector is called