This is the Section 2 Module 3 of the compiled Communications Coaching Materials taken from various sources including but not limited to past Board Examination Questions in Electronic System and Technologies (EST), Communications Books, Journals and other Communications References. This particular Coaching Notes in Communications Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Communications Engineering Coaching: Section 2 Module 3
121. In Precise Positioning Service (PPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the horizontal PPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 22 meters
122. In Precise Positioning Service (PPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the vertical PPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 27.7 meters
123. In Precise Positioning Service (PPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the time (UTS) PPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 200 nanoseconds
124. In Standard Positioning Service (SPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the horizontal SPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 100 meters
125. In Standard Positioning Service (SPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the vertical SPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 156 meters
126. In Standard Positioning Service (SPS) of a GPS positioning service, What is the time (UTS) SPS Predictable Accuracy?
ANSWER: 340 nanoseconds
127. A three-minute music file that is compressed into MP3 format will have a file size of
ANSWER: 3 Mb
128. A three-minute music file that is compressed into WAV format will have a file size of
ANSWER: 30 Mb
129. In the IMT 2000 system standard, what does "2000" mean?
ANSWER: both means the year that the system is implemented and its approximate frequency assignment
130. It is a table showing the pre-calculated position of satellite at any given time
131. What is the currently used internet protocol?
132. This internet protocol has much larger address space that allows greater flexibility in assigning addresses and is able to support 128 bit of addresses.
133. What helps protect fiber against degradation caused by moisture?
134. In cellular system, typically how many cells in the frequency reuse plan format?
135. What is the typical beam width of horn antenna?
ANSWER: 10 degrees to 60 degrees
136. In acoustics, what is the pleasant combination of sound intervals?
ANSWER: Consonant Interval
137. In acoustics, what is the unpleasant combination of sound intervals?
ANSWER: Discordant Interval
138. Refers to any sonic, infrasonic or ultrasonic wave which is emitted form electronic product as a result of the operation of an electronic circuit in such product
139. What is the science of measuring light that is visible to the human eye?
140. What is the typical range of vidicon dark current?
ANSWER: 0.2 microampere
141. What might be the typical range of mobile-to-mobile?
ANSWER: 1 to 10 miles
142. What is the typical noise figure of FET and MESFET used at microwave frequency?
ANSWER: 2 dB or less
143. Why does a high Q circuit discriminate against harmonics?
ANSWER: because of purer sine wave ac
144. What do you call the portion of the horizontal blanking pulse before the sync pulse?
ANSWER: Front Porch
145. What is the typical bandwidth of single mode step index fiber
ANSWER: 50 to 100 Ghz/km
146. RF radiation damage to cells of reproductive tissues
147. RF radiation dmage to other than the cells of reproductive tissues
148. HDTV is in rectangular form and contains ___________ times more information than the current TV.
149. In radio communication, what do you call a point on a line, between the earth's center and an observer, located farther from the earth center than point?
150. The velocity of geostationary orbit satellite is
ANSWER: 6879 statute miles per hour
151. Cable TV companies collect signals and programs from many sources in a facility called __________.
ANSWER: Head End
152. What is the maximum power rating of CB (Citizens Band) J3E transmitter?
153. What is the maximum power rating of CB (Citizens Band) A3E transmitter?
ANSWER: 12W PEP
154. If mobile phone loses its signal, the transmitter will retransmit after
ANSWER: 1 to 5 seconds
155. How far must the distance between the microphone and the mouth of the user?
ANSWER: 2 inches
156. It is a device used to measure an individual's exposure to a hazardous environment
157. A system where cables and wires are placed within the ceiling space and poked up through the fire resistant floor structure to the office or room above
ANSWER: Poke Through
158. The typical transmit power for cell site is
ANSWER: 10 W to 50 W
159. What is the effective height of the antenna?
ANSWER: 1/2 to 2/3 of the actual height of the antenna
160. A signaling path provided by a cable television system to relay to subscriber terminals television broadcast programs that are received off-the-air or are obtained by microwave or by direct connection to a television broadcast station.
ANSWER: Class I Cable Television Channel
161. A signaling path provided by a cable television system to deliver to subscriber terminals television signals that are intended for reception by a television broadcast receiver without the use of an auxiliary decoding device and which signals are not involved in broadcast transmission path.
ANSWER: Class II Cable Television Channel
162. A signaling path provided by a cable television system to deliver to subscriber terminal signals that are intended for reception by equipment other than a television broadcast receiver only when used with auxiliary equipment.
ANSWER: Class III Cable Television Channel
163. A signaling path provided by a cable television system to transmit signals of any type from a subscriber terminal to another point in the cable television system.
ANSWER: Class IV Cable Television Channel
164. Which of the following identifies the maximum transmitted power level of a mobile phone?
ANSWER: Station Class Mark (SCM)
165. Why tropospheric ducting is not used very much in practical communication system
ANSWER: because it is not reliable
166. Which of the following is the last stage of the AM transmitter?
ANSWER: PA (Power Amplifier)
167. What is the efficiency of the parabolic antenna?
168. What is the total noise in the absence of the information (intelligent signal)
ANSWER: Background noise
169. What is the data rate of enhanced Bluetooth (2.0)?
ANSWER: 2.1 MHz
170. What is the typical power rating of most Bluetooth devices?
171. In the generator, which one is grounded in order to reduce the radio frequency noise?
172. What is the maximum VF tone that may be fed to a voice signal?
ANSWER: +6 VU
173. In one atmospheric pressure, what is the velocity of sound in steel?
ANSWER: 5150 m/s
174. The electronic serial number (ESN) assigned at the factory of cellular mobile phone consists of __________ bits.
175. The average voltage of a 3.58 MHz modulated chrominance signal in TV receivers is __________.
ANSWER: the brightness of the color
176. Antennas with microstrip in PCBs
ANSWER: Patch antenna
177. What is the wavelength range of sunlight?
ANSWER: 300 nm to 2000 nm
178. What is the peak wavelength of sunlight?
ANSWER: 500 nm
179. Radio system that was developed to provide ng high speed packet data access for GSM network
180. A 3G wireless system can increase its network capacity by ___________ percent as compared to lower generation wireless system.