This is the Coaching materials in Broadcasting Part 3 as one topic in ECE Board Exam taken from various sources including but not limited to past Board Examination Questions in Electronic System and Technologies (EST), Communications Books, Journals and other Communications References. This particular Coaching Notes in Communications Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize this review notes to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Broadcasting Coaching Materials Part 3
111. In transmitter amplifier design, an even-order harmonics can be prevented or reduced by
using a push-pull amplifier.
112. The vertical and horizontal pulses are separated at the
113. The reason why buffer stage is included in a transmitter is to
present a constant load to the oscillator stage
114. Where is the operating position of a radio station?
At the control point
115. Equalizing pulses in TV are sent during
116. The alignment of the three color guns to a common point is known as
117. Lack of raster is an indication of no
118. The sound and video signals are separated at the _____ of the TV receiver.
119. What is emission A3F?
120. The presence of color bars is an indication that there is a problem in the ______ circuit.
121. Type of emission produced when a frequency modulated transmitter is modulated by a TV signal.
122. What is emission F3F?
123. Cause of slow rising white “hum bars” in the television.
124. An odd number of lines per frame form part of every one of the world’s TV systems. This is
done to assist interlace
125. Adjusting the _____ may eliminate color confetti.
126. Video signal amplitude determine the picture quality called
127. Part of broadcast day from midnight to local sunrise.
128. Part of broadcast day from local sunset to local sunrise.
129. What causes snow in television?
Random noise in the signal.
130. The function of the serrations in the composite video waveform is to
help horizontal synchronization
131. Vestigial sideband is known as _____ type of emission.
132. Which of the following filters block FM radio band for TV channels (2 to 13)?
133. The width of the vertical sync pulse in the United States TV system is
134. Indicate which of the following frequencies will not be found in the output of a normal TV receiver tuner:
135. When were UHF channels (14-83) of television added?
136. When was colored TV standards established in the United States?
137. What synchronizes the horizontal line of the TV picture tube?
138. Type of filter used in TV receivers that separates the chroma signal from the colorplexed video signal but leaves intact the Y-component.
139. What is the first-letter symbol for emission of unmodulated carrier?
140. The channel for cable TV frequency range of 5.75 to 11.75 MHz.
141. The frequency range for cable TV channel T-13.
23.75 to 29.75MHz
142. Channel 8 frequency range allocation in cable TV.
143. The video voltage applied to the picture tube of a television receiver is fed in
between grid and cathode
144. The circuit that separates sync pulses from the composite video waveform is
145. The _____ of a television system is a measure of its ability to delineate picture detail.
146. CCIR standards for the internal exchange of programmes on film for television used.
147. CCIR transmission standards for FM sound broadcasting at VHF.
148. ISO Rec. 23 in 1976 is the standard for recorded characteristics for magnetic sound records on full cost 16mm.
camera usage of 35mm motion picture film.
149. The output of the vertical amplifier, applied to the yoke in a TV receiver, consists of a
150. Which of the class station below is a regional channel?
151. International broadcasting (short wave) uses frequency between ______ in accordance with international agreements.
5950 and 26100 kHz
152. The permissible power in kW of stations II-A during nighttime is
153. The television frequency which are now allocated to the land mobile services
806 and 192MHz
154. The HV anode supply for the picture tube of a TV receiver is generated in the
horizontal output stage.
155. Numerical frequency band designation of Channel 9.
156. Cable TV systems originate from
157. A term applied to third and higher order products, which can greatly degrade the performance of the system.
Composite triple beat.
158. A station similar to a translator station in terms of equipment and service area, but is permitted to originate programming from virtually any source.
159. Indicate the following signals is not transmitted in color TV:
160. The shadow mask in a color picture tube is used to
ensure that each beam hits only its own dots.
161. Three stations are licensed to eligible education entities for the distribution of program material to students enrolled in instructional curricula.
162. ITFS means
Instructional Television Fixed Service.
163. MDS means
Multipoint Distribution Service
164. Direct broadcast satellite based allocation.
12.2 – 12.7 GHz for downlink and 17.3 – 17.8 GHz for uplink.
165. What is the channel number of an FM station with 88.1MHz carrier?
166. If an FM station has an effective radiated power of 100kW then it is under what class?
167. The video signal amplitude determines the quality of the picture otherwise known as
168. The ultimate Dolby surround system is the
169. What is the carrier frequency of an FM station with channel number of 300?
170. In a TV receiver, the color killer
cuts off the chroma stages during monochrome reception